January 9, 2019

Judy ~Oops, It's Already Wednesday!

Recently I wanted to make two prayer shawls, one for a friend who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in late November, and the other for another friend who just learned she has breast cancer.


I always use the same pattern with Lion Brand Homespun yarn.


Earlier in the fall, I decided to try making this same shawl with different yarn and smaller needles and remembered that my sister-in-law had given me some yarn that she purchased on a trip to New Zealand.  It made a perfect size to keep her shoulders warm on the chilly winter days in Palo Alto, and it also reduced my stash by three whole balls.  Wahoo
!

 I made this first pair of Monkey Mitts for our grandson Daniel for Christmas who wore them home to IL!  Then another identical pair followed for Max for his 7th birthday; those were a bit big, but I know he'll keep on a-growing!


Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Moira said...

Wonderful shawls, and what a sweet thing to give your two friends as they prepare to fight battles for their health. And I love, love, love those monkey mitts!

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

The monkeys are too cute! Beautiful shawls and I know they are appreciated.

Judy S. said...

Thanks! And Happy New Year to both of you.