January 10, 2019

Angela ~ Finally a Project to Share, Woven Rag Rug!

After perusing Pinterest for ideas on making a rug loom, I came up with this simple design to make rugs in the size I wanted.  Approximately 3' x 6'.
As you can see I was not entirely successful in keeping the sides straight, I pulled too tight and they curve inward a bit.  I will be modifying design to help correct the problem next time.

The fabric is from t-shirts cut into 1" wide strips.  I recycled some of my own that needed to be made into rags or thrown out and I bought a bag full at our local thrift shop to get more colors.  I think I can make quite a few of these with the shirts and strips I have.  For the warp I used cotton yarn. 
 So far I am quite pleased with it, even with the slight wonkiness.

2 comments:

Judy S. said...

Fun and very colorful!

Moira said...

Very nice! And that's a great size for the rugs as well.