January 8, 2019

Moira - I'm back!

The holidays were a wonderful time with friends and family out in sunny Phoenix.  And a time of rest as well.   I stayed in an AirBnB suite this time that was basically a mini apartment.   So was able to sew in my downtime.

While there I was able to get two UFO's quilted.  Bear hugs now has binding sewn onto it but not down.

Also quilted was my London Tea Towel quilt.  I'm still auditioning fabric for binding on it at this point.  Debating between a darker tan like in some of the blocks, or a scrappy cream binding that would blend with the background.





















I finished off the December F2F swap blocks that I needed to get into the mail.



 And before I left on vacation I started working on using up a whole mess of batik strings.  These 9 blocks using up most of the orange strings were finished up.  Next up will be using the remaining few oranges and the reds, then cycling into the pinks.
And at the last minute I also finished this commission of sewing this needlepoint stocking together for a lady in the office where I work.

4 comments:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

I can't figure out how you manage to get so much done! Love those batik string blocks, such pretty colors.

Moira said...

Well to be fair all that was over about 3 weeks........I didn't manage it in just one. =)

Judy S. said...

Your tea towel quilt reminded me of my good intentions for making one. I have several projects just a-waiting, and it seems like I can't even remember to post on Tuesdays. You are amazingly productive!

Moira said...

Stress helps make me productive Judy! Quilting and sewing are one way I have of coping with the stress.