June 26, 2019

Moira - lots of finishes

Lots of work has gone into my snail quilt and the top for it is together and just waiting on me to make up my mind on what I want for the border.  Options are a scrappy string-pieced border with a solid binding, or just pull a single fabric for the border and use a scrappy binding.........not sure which way I want to go.

The final 12" of length was added -- Right side shown in top pic, left side in bottom pic.

The one large snail  didn't use on the front I plan to applique to the extra wide muslin I got for the backing.  I'll use the block as my quilt label.





 Finished turning all of the print washcloths into bibs. 

Got the ribbon or lace trim on the final 16 plain washcloths that I have for bibs.

And I went row-by-row hopping for patterns on the north side of the Dallas metroplex.  Have 7 patterns now, but only 6 of them will end up in the final quilt.   Plan to do one more day of hopping to get the final 2 patterns I need for my planned layout.  Have already put two of the rows together.......so I've got a good start on getting the quilt finished quickly.  








2 comments:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

For the snail quilt, I think I'd go with a solid border and a scrappy binding, only because there is a lot going on in the quilt itself.
So many cute bibs, there will be some happy babies in the future.
I always enjoy your row by row quilts, is the theme Texas?

Moira said...

The solid border sounds like a good plan to me!

This years theme for the row-by-row is "Taste the Experience". Most of the stores have a food related theme to their block, but not all.