February 19, 2019

Moira - lots going on


These 7 stockings have been completed for the commission I'm working on - top left is pieced from the larger scraps of the denim overalls, the others have a base front from a t-shirt, and then have either pockets, the top section of the front bib or scraps appliqued onto the knit.  6 more stockings are in progress today, and 5 more are cut out waiting to be started.

Made this quilted postcard for a commission.  Flowers were an orphan block someone had given to me.
These 4 quilted postcards were made with orphan string-pieced bits of fabric.  The sun bonnet sue girls were reclaimed from a tissue box cover that I found several yrs ago in a thrift store.

And I've started pondering how to finish off my improv blocks.  I've rearranged them since taking this pic, but it at least shows them all together.


And I finished up this little bit of cross-stitch while in the infusion center for chemo last week.  This week I'll be on to my next cross-stitch UFO while back for the next infusion

4 comments:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

I swear you must be related to the energizer bunny! Everything is wonderful, love that birthday card, definitely a keeper.

Moira said...

Lol, gotta do something on those nights and early mornings when I can't sleep for one reason or another. It also helps that I don't have anyone else around the house to have to take care of. =) Altho having said that, the stockings are quick and easy to make. Actual sewing time is only about 20 minutes for each one. Prep time tho takes that much as well.

Judy S. said...

You sure did do lots of cool stuff this past week! Those postcards are amazing. I didn't know you were having chemo! Hope you're tolerating it OK.

ctnbee.com said...

A great collection of projects. Thanks for sharing these photos with us. Sometimes we can take some inspiration :)