May 22, 2018

Cyra ~ busy, busy, busy stitching

The grey and green background that I made while on that lovely stitching retreat a couple of weeks ago, has turned into a quilted tote-style bag.
Splat on one side, and a Swirl on the other.

  

_________________________________________________

This fun fiberart small quilt is now hanging in the towns meeting room along with about 18 similarly size 'self-portrait' quilts, haha. 

And I use the words 'self-portrait' very loosely.
(this is nothing like me really, lol)


The mini-me has a scrap strip fabric dress embellished with free-motion scrolls, a crochet bag with embroidered flowers, and she has a needle-felted head, hair AND boobs, and she wears metal wire glasses and two thread friendship bracelets. 
Her sandals (flip-flops or jandals) are made with a tiny buttonhole stitch in black thread.
The other mini-me's are all on a similar background with the same binding, and they are all connected together with fabric tabs in the same colour as the binding. 

_________________________________________

I have finished a quilted chair back cover, or antimacassar, for the old-rocker in the lounge.
It's the Snowball block.


________________________________

My old teapot cozy bit the dust (it was only about 12 years old lol) so I made a new one.
Love the kiwi fruit fabric for the kitchen.


______________________________________


And my final show for this week is a couple of 'containers'.
Basically made as thread-catchers, but can be used for a number of different things as well.


I need one of these next to my sewing machine because I'm always losing the seam-ripper or little scissors or the feet for the machine or the bobbins or.............

These nice containers will hold everything I need right there.
______________________________

So you can see I have been sewing up a storm since the retreat. 
It was a great way to get me back on track.

All for now.
Happy Stitching
Cyra

4 comments:

Moira said...

Wow lots of work going on at your place these days! Love the mini-me wallhangings. And the tote bag is lots of fun. Very useful little containers for threads or other goodies.

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

The tote is very mod and striking, great colors.
I love the mini me, that must have been really fun to make.
I never thought of a quilted chair back cover, great idea!
The kiwis are fun and the bowls are wonderful, I think I need to make a few. I did make some bowl cozies for the microwave something like that, very simple though.

Judy S. said...

Love seeing your fun projects! You are keeping very productive!

Cyra said...

Thanks everyone. Hubby has been away at our daughter's house fixing things for her (mainly the roof, lol), so I have had 3 weeks on my own in my craft room, yay. I hope to keep up the momentum even after he comes home.