May 29, 2018

Moira - Moves, UFOs and scraps

Made progress on several projects over the long weekend when I wasn't hauling stuff to the new house.  This in spite of fighting an ugly allergic reaction to the sheets I was using on my bed.  Heat + microfiber sheets + me are not a good combo.

I've got two more boxes of kitchen stuff and what I've left to use between now and the move to go for that room and it will be completely set up.      Hard to tell what has been done here, but everything I've taken over so far is in it's spot in the cabinets with lots of extra space in them, and I've gotten the baker's rack together.  I needed this because I needed more counter space for two of my spice racks that were too tall to go under the cabinets.  I also managed to get curtains up where they were needed.


There will be more loads of stuff going over this week and next before the big move, but not tonight because I need to work on a row hop pattern that I have a pattern draft due by the middle of the month - Yikes!




First project up was finishing off the HST's used in this quilt top and then putting them together.  These were a UFO that I bought from the scrap barrel from my local quilt shop here.  I added a remnant  of a Kona red that I had in my stash and cut the needed triangles and squares.  This is 32" square at this point and still needs a border or two to finish it off.   It will be donated at some point.














I then switched over to working with these rail fence blocks that came from somewhere.   I don't even remember where now.   Fabrics are both batiks.   Blocks are 4" finished, so this is definitely not finished at this point.  I'll need to add multiple borders to this to get it up to a size for donation, but have no idea at this point of what I want to add.   Stash-diving here I come to find something.  =)
And the last project that I worked on this weekend were adding a border of WOW fabric to these blocks.   Made with 30's repro fabrics they are from a long ago swap with online friends.  They will be set with scrappy 30's repro sashing and cornerstones cut form more of the WOW used as block borders. 


3 comments:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Nice looking kitchen!
Your red quilt top with the triangles is cool, very different.
My favorite has to be the 30's repro fabric squares, love the quilts from that era. Good thing, I have all the ones my Nana made!

Judy S. said...

Nice work on the projects and kitchen stuff! Good luck with the move.

Cyra said...

Lovely quilts in progress. It will be great once you have your own real sewing space to work in.