March 27, 2018

Angela ~ Flower Pin for Easter

A dear friend asked me to create a flower corsage pin she could attach to her hat for Easter.
I really wanted peony type flowers but they only came in pink.  Her dress is black & blue with white flowers and green leaves.  The straw hat is blue.
I took the flowers off the stems and took off the plastic centers.

Then I tacked down the flowers to the felt backing and created new centers with beads.

I put small blue flowers behind the large white ones and they have seed pearl centers.
The felt is the same color as the blue flowers and I sewed on a pin to make it easy to add and remove from her hat.

Sorry my photos are not that great.  I had to replace my computer and all I could afford was a chromebook which is not exactly a computer.  I have not gotten a photo editing app yet.  I am new to apps vs. software.  But I'm learning! 

3 comments:

Moira said...

Great work on the flower pin!

Cyra said...

Lovely upgrade for the flowers with the beads and bling centers. Great idea to put the pin on the back for easy removal. Would also look good as a brooch on another occasion.

Judy S. said...

I'll bet you got lots of comments on your pin yesterday! Hope you had a nice Easter.