March 27, 2018

Moira: finishes

A couple of finishes and a start-

the first commissioned passport wallet has been finished and delivered via the mail to my friend.




 Wedding quilt was finished early instead of the night before I leave for the wedding...lol.
 The right side of the quilt














Corners got appliqued hearts after the binding was done in order to repair some damage that  didn't see until I got it back from the quilter (not her fault!).

I also got the skirt for the wedding this coming weekend made, but did not get a pic of it.  Used a charcoal grey heathered knit for it and put an elastic waist in it.





And the next commission in progress.  Binding currently being pinned down for final stitching.  However having said that I'm thinking of taking the black off and replacing it with the same Mickey print already in it.   Strap will be out of the black.

Next one after this is cut out it will be worked on next week.  Frogs and polka dots will be fabrics in it.


4 comments:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

I love the fabric you used on the passport holder. I so wish I had a fabric shop somewhere near me.
That quilt is gorgeous and will surely be a family heirloom.
I rather like how the black sets off Mickey on the inside.

Moira said...

I'm torn about the binding......I can't make up my mind if I like it or whether I should change it to a strip of the red.

Cyra said...

A beautiful quilt. I'm sure the happy couple will love it.
Love the leafy fabric for the passport wallet. The Mickey fabric needs the black binding in my opinion.

Judy S. said...

You sure have a lovely assortment of projects! Great quilt!