January 2, 2018

Cyra ~ 2018 Goals

I'm here at last, and here are my goals for 2018 and a bit of a catch-up on my last couple of months projects.

2018 Goals - my year of 4’s
  • Spend more time with hubby and put the ‘4-second’ rule into action - Did you know that it only takes 4 seconds to look at a person when they talk to you for them to appreciate and recognize that you are taking notice of them and that they are important to you at that moment.
  • Make 4 things for each of my 4 children - I have so many things that my mum and dad made for me, that I treasure, and I want to pass that same love on to my kiddlywinks.
  • Complete the crazy patchwork quilt that I started 4 years ago.
  • Play some more with freeform bobbin lace and weaving.
  • Knitting - I want to learn more than just the basic stitch, and stop being afraid of knitting.
  • Make a start on My NZ Dolls House - aka 'Pilli Pala' - and the furnishings within.
  • Work on 4 of my embroidery WIP’s. I’ll be happy if I get even one of these 4 finished.
That’s my lot….. apart from all the crochet projects that are a part of my ‘normal’ everyday life too.

_________________________________________________________________

Here are some of the projects that I finished in the last couple of months of 2017 and didn't get to post on here about.

Debra the Zebra Firberart- freeform crochet, bobbin lace, & weaving.


I made my Rock Pool bigger and better, and finished it in time for the Regional Embroiderers Guild show, where it won 1st place in the 3D category.... woohoo... go me.


A decorative freeform crochet box.
I've a YouTube video of it HERE where you can see the whole thing better.


A couple of woolly hats for His'n'Hers' Christmas pressies.
The one on the left is a pony tail beanie.


And this is the beginning of a mandala blanket.
(It got too hot over here to work under a woolly blanket, so this project is on hold until we get some cooler weather).



Whatever you do in 2018 make sure you have FUN.

Happy Stitching

4 comments:

Judy S. said...

Great goals, Cyra, and I love all of your projects, especially the cool zebra. Too bady we are so far apart; I'd love to be your crochet student and in turn help you with knitting....... Happy New Year!

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

I like your goals list!
All your finished projects are fabulous, I especially like the zebra, he's got personality.
Congrats on winning 1st place with the rock pool, its definitely a wonderfully unique piece.
All boxes should be as creative as yours, no gift wrap required!
I hope you find time to post here more and do include your dolls house if you want, I love minis. Somehow I know some crochet will work its way into it.

Moira said...

Your goals list is great! The basis of that first one is something we could all take and remember.

Totally love the zebra!!! And the rock pool is wonderful.

Cyra said...

Thanks everyone. I am hoping I can allocate more time this year to posting my projects on here. I shall have to remember to schedule my posts early though, because your Tuesday is my Wednesday morning, which is a day out for me at my Embroidery Guild, lol,