January 2, 2018

Angela ~ Goals for 2018

I'm finishing up some other stuff that is non sewing related that is on my desk.  I only have this small space to work on and projects have to shift around.
This is the newest journal I am working on, almost finished.  And there is one seam of sewing on it!  The batik fabric was not quite wide enough to cover the book cover so I added a coordinating fabric from Mom's stash.
The signatures (booklets of various papers) are sewn in by hand with pink & white twine.
There are 4 signatures, making 160 pages.  Most are painted in some way with lots of color.  This is my Boho Hippie Journal.  I need to add some decoration to the front, possibly to the inside cover and some sari ribbon and charms to the spine.

Oh and the girl that got the Fairy journal for Christmas absolutely loved it!

Goals for 2018 is to be more consistent with posting stitching projects, and making time for them!  Wish me luck!


4 comments:

Cyra said...

Oh I do LOVE your journals Angela, and this one is a delight to the eyes.
I like your goals for 2018 and hope I can be a bit more consistent with posting my projects here too.

Judy S. said...

Your journals are so awesome, Angela! As for posting here, we all could be more regular, eh? How come those Tuesdays come so fast?

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

I know Judy, especially the last two! LOL

Moira said...

Love the colors of the journal!