January 16, 2018

Angela ~ My Newest Blank Journal with a Beaded Spine

I've spent 3 days working on a new journal which will be a gift.  And I did get to play with fabric (for the cover) and beads (on the spine) as well as actually (gasp) sewing the pages in place.
I love this fabric of leafless trees.  I covered an actual book cover (with pages removed).  I also added some metal corners I had in my stash.
As I sewed in the signatures (groups of pages) I added beads to 3 of the 5 signatures.  Silver Celtic beads, dark blue glass beads and long silver glass beads.  I am so happy with how it turned out.  Dark blue embroidery thread was used for the sewing.
Inside are rainbow water-colored papers among others.
This is inside the front cover.  I painted the watercolor page, the hand was printed out and I embellished it with tiny flowers & jewels meant to decorate fingernails.
I love this page, it made a heart just by accident.
And believe it or not, these were done with the cheapo kid's watercolors, $1.98 at Walmart.

4 comments:

Cyra said...

Definitely a book to cherish. Love the metal corners, and those beads, wow, gorgeous.
Nice that you've personalized some pages already too.

Moira said...

Another wonderful journal! Love the watercolor pages with the words. And the corners are lovely. great idea to reuse the book cover!

Judy S. said...

I love it! Your journals would make writing in them lots of fun. And by the way, I fixed my post. Half of it disappeared somehow.

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Thanks you guys. No one here quite understands the things I make so encouragement from my online crafty friends is much appreciated.