January 9, 2018

Cyra ~ Learning Knitting

I have been tinkering around with some different crafts this week, and I can show you an angel doll that I'm working on, plus a little bit of an experimental piece that I started as a CKAL.
Bare in mind that I am NOT a knitter. I am only just learning how to do something other than straight lines, lol. So yes, there are slipped stitches, wraps the wrong way around, and gaping holes in places that shouldn't have gaping holes, haha. I am learning by lots of mistakes - but at least I am learning.
This is the year I conquer my fear of knitting.


Woohoo, and lookey here... I actually got to work with 3 needles for the very first time to creat the start of a tree pattern. 
Hubby tells me that I have been muttering swearwords under my breath while doing this, haha.


I have had a lovely sort out in my craft room too.
I have now got a work table cleared and ready to start building my miniature house Pilli Pala.
Hopefully photos of that next week.

Happy Stitching
Cyra

4 comments:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

You're doing great! Can't wait to see your mini house.

Moira said...

the doll looks great! And I'm intrigued by the start to the tree pattern. The miniature house sounds interesting as well. =)

Cyra said...

Thanks ladies. More photos next week. I managed to finish the tree motif and I'm rather pleased to have expanded my knitting skills on this.

Judy S. said...

You go girl! You are a quick study.