January 2, 2018

Moira: Ready for the new year

The five days I house-sat while in Phoenix saw me making progress on several more projects.

Got the sections for my mini swap quilt for the Modern Quilt Guild.   These still need to be pressed and trimmed to size before assembly can happen.


















Put these 6" blocks together.   They were one of my many UFO's and as best as I and friends can date them, are from a swap back in 1998.  I've got 5 more blocks, 4 of which will be used for the corners of the first border.   Remaining border will be the same WOW that I used for the corners on the top and bottom rows.   And then a final border will be a green 30's print.  However, before borders can be attached I need to press it.



 And I finished off this small Cross-body purse that is my last Christmas gift for the year.   It will be mailed off with the other gifts for my friend and her family this coming week.

This bag was the first one that I've used fabric scraps to encase the ends of the webbing I used for the strap.  I like the look of it and will most likely use this technique again in the future.




4 comments:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the assembled mini swap quilt.
I love the UFO quilt, it's so colorful and cheerful.
And the purse if fabulous, if you don't sell them, you need to, JMHO.

Cyra said...

I'm interested to see what happens next on your mini swap quilt.
Your 'old' 6" blocks are lovely, and the bag is just perfect, yes, I agree with Angela that these bags would make great sellers.

Judy S. said...

What a fun purse! I always enjoy looking at your wonderful quilts. Happy New Year!

Moira said...

Hmmm, I'll have to think about making more purses to sell. This one used scraps (well, except for the lining and the inner pocket. Cotton batting, about 7" by 10" or so in size. And easy to make.

What do you think would be a fair price for something like this?