December 12, 2017

Moira: Crazy before Christmas Vacation

Almost finished this potholder, just need to add the binding for it after I find fabric that will work.



















Next up was this quilt top that is approximately 40" by 60" in size.  It was made in response to both a challenge on Sunshine in a quilt that would be sent to Quilts Beyond Borders as a part of what the Sunshine group normally does. 

I used a Long Quarter of a halloween monster print and pulled an orange checked print and a yellow TOT strip to make the rail fence blocks.  A lime green TOT strip for the inner border and solid orange for the final border

Final look has almost a 3D look too it because of the colors and the way they work with each other.

Next up was the stitching on this embellished sweatshirt for my mom.  This was one scene from a panel of cute kitties.   Still have lots to work with for future projects.  =)
Final project over the weekend was making this little mug rug.  It finished out at 9.5" square the pattern and a couple of the fabrics (the house and the snow) came as part of the third free kit during the shop hop I participated in back in November.  This will most likely end up being a gift for someone this Christmas.




6 comments:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Oh Moira they are all so lovely. I envy your Mom the kitties shirt! Thank you for being so consistent with posting something. I have only been working with paper this week as I am going to make some more journals. No fiber arts of any kind right now.

Rosa said...

Fabulous project and hard to choose only one best favorite.

Moira said...

Thanks for the sweet complements!

As for your journals - I love those and the papers & pages you come up with!

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Thanks Moira, Right now I've been working on what they call painty papers, paper of all kinds that you paint with whatever you have in order to use them in journals. I only have a few craft paint bottles and some cheap kid's watercolors but I've been having fun and learning a few techniques for different looks. I am really liking pearl like metallic paint even though it costs a bit more. It's probably a good thing I don't live anywhere near a craft store.

Renee said...

These are all adorable! I love, love, love your mug rug! Wonderful work.

Judy S. said...

Such lovely work! Did I see one of your quilts feature by Debra Dixon?