December 19, 2017

Moira: Vacation Sewing

Yes, I brought my sewing machine and several projects with me on vacation.   The blessing of staying with friends is that they know I sew and don't mind if I do it during the day time.  =)

First project to be worked on is the wedding quilt.   I know have 20% of it together (5 blocks + applicable border sections) and am working on block #6.   Thankfully they are going together fairly quickly, as a result I'm hoping to get this together before I change residences.  First two rows from the top are in progress.


Project #2 will be working on my art challenge quilt for this year.   It is basically a whole cloth quilt, and I've decided to baste in where I need to stitch......I think..........lol........I may pick up some tissue paper from the dollar store and draw it out on that instead then stitch through the paper.   I'm still debating on how to do the ladybugs to show depth - currently thinking of beading over stuffed little figures.  I do know I'll have to make some of the leaves 3D to give the right sense of 3D-ness to the quilt.   Final stop of 4 or 5 for this group exhibition will be a month long stay in an art gallery in PA where those that want to can put their quilts up for sale.  And I've said that I'll put mine up for sale.  =)  I'd like to get all of the plant stitched in while out here.   Beading I'll leave for home.   Here is the pic I'm working from (found on the web).


Project #3 will be making the blocks (and hopefully top) for a mini quilt I need to get completed for  an online swap.   Pattern has been decided on, just need to pickup fabric for it.

And should all projects make progress I have a set of swap blocks made with 30's repro fabrics
that just need to be put together.........lol.

4 comments:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Wow, that art challenge quilt will be stunning! The wedding quilt i looking pretty already. I don't know how you manage to do so much so quickly.

Moira said...

Wedding quilt assembly will be fairly quick because I've got all the parts for it made. Doing all of the flying geese took a while.

Cyra said...

I am full of admiration for your creativity and enthusiasm to stitch. Your art quilt is going to be fabulous. I love anything with texture like that.

Judy S. said...

That's a lucky couple you are making this for! And you are the most loyal member of this blog. Merry Christmas!