November 14, 2017

Moira:

Lots of sewing and prep work been going on around my place this past  week. 

Finished off the table topper before the blog hop using my new block design.    You can read the full post about this design and see the other layout possibilities by clicking here.








 Next big project for me is making the top for a queen-sized quilt that will be my wedding present to my niece.   It will be scrappy using assorted cream tonals, blues, purples, aquas, teals, and a little touch of orange.   In this first block alone there are 24 different fabrics. and yes, they all came from my scraps.   To get the color combos that I need in it (blue/purple in the same fabric) I've had to pull a few FQ's and get a few new fabrics as well.     Have discovered as well that my stash does not run to the lighter tones of blues......definitely heavy on the darker blues.

I'm debating about how big to make it.....these blocks finish at 15" so I'll need at least 25 of them   And might do 30 to give it a little extra length. 
And here is the final layout for the quilt if I only do 25 blocks.   The original design came from one that was shown by Missouri Quilt Star Company. 

I'll be piecing flying geese blocks for a while - there are 230 or so of them in this version.........

1 comment:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Beautiful! I want to see it all.