November 14, 2017

Angela ~ Advent Journal & Cardinal Quilt Blocks

Last week I showed you the cover of the advent journal.
Let me show you an inside page that also has actual sewing on it!
Click on the photo to make it larger.  
I created pockets of paper that were sewn to the scrapbook paper and most of the tags are covered in Christmas fabrics.  This journal was up on Ebay for less than an hour before a friend saw my post on Facebook and went and bought it.

In other sewing news, yes! more sewing!  I am making a Christmas quilt for Mom.  She bought fabrics back in 2002, I saw the receipts in the box, and never made anything.  I have been looking for a pattern for 2 years, one that would be a little different.  I found just a photo on Pinterest of a cardinal block.  Drew it out and began cutting fabrics.
I've gotten 4 of the 18 sewn together so far.
The beaks are fussy cut from a fabric with gold bells and the are appliqued on.  The rest is all pieced.  Please excuse the wonkiness, I haven't finished pressing them yet.
I'm thinking dark green sashing, there will be 3 across and 6 down for a twin size quilt.

1 comment:

Moira said...

Woohoo for the quick sale of the journal! Love the cardinals. Gonna have to remember that block because I have a friend who collects them.