November 28, 2017

Angela ~ 2 More Journals--For Me!

I've been working on 2 journals for myself.  They have the page signatures stitched to the spine of the binding so I'm calling it close enough for stitching being done this week.
The first one is my old high school annuals.  I took all 4 and pulled out the pages with my class and cut out any other pictures I wanted.  I saved all the autographs and included those too.
This was an experiment for sure but I think it turned out pretty good.  I used the full covers from my freshman & junior years and added in only the front covers of my sophomore & senior years.
With the reduction in pages and covers I was able to condense 4 years of books to one about the size of 2 books.  Lots of gluing and stitching and I learned a lot about making books.
In case you are wondering, the school colors were orange & blue.

The second journal is for Christmas/Winter and was made with a cover from a college textbook and pages from another book that was the same size but had nice sturdy paper.
I will add more decoration to the front but have not decided what yet.  This will be a WIP for some years to come as I find old photos and save things from now.
I painted the pages to cover the printing and am pasting in ephemera and things that have meaning for me.  The paper on the inside of the cover is tissue paper I got at Dollar Tree.  I love it!  This will be a coffee table book at Christmas whenever I have my own home and a coffee table again.


1 comment:

Moira said...

what a great idea to use the parts of your yearbooks that are important to you. Love the idea of the Christmas on as well.