November 28, 2017

Moira: Lots of sewing going on....



First project that I worked on was getting the remaining flying geese sections for the wedding quilt sewn.  There are between 230 and 240 of them in the two different layouts for them (star points and pinwheel blades). 

All of them have been trimmed to size and the paper torn off of them.   I've started sewing the rectangle of background fabric to them and realized I still need to cut a bunch more of the rectangles in order to have enough......so digging thru the stash for different creams has begun as of this morning.  Now if I could only find where I've hidden (or is that squirreled away) all of the FQ's in this range of colors I'd be happy....lol.
I'm using different "sets" of fabric on the points and the pinwheels to make it easier to make all fabrics in the blocks different.   I don't have as many different fabrics for the background as I do blues, so this helps me to keep from having the same fabric in adjoining blocks.

Next up was making the three remaining hat box blocks I needed to finish this quilt (the diagonal ones from lower left to upper right).   And then putting the top together.  Current size is approx. 48" by 66".  I'm debating about putting a border on it or just calling it good and quilting it as is.   this will most likely be sold, but might donate it.

I also worked on two little mug rugs, but don't have pics of those.

Next up Christmas gifts - potholders, mug rugs, and an embellished top or two.


2 comments:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Busy as usual, the hat box quilt is wonderful, someone will be very pleased.

I thought I was the only one who couldn't find something I know I put somewhere safe. HAHA

Moira said...

Nope, you aren't alone. I'm trying to remember where I put two things - the remaining brown I used in this quilt, and a set of 4 fabrics I have pulled for a quilt top.......just had them and set them somewhere and I don't see them now.