September 19, 2017

Moira: Making Progress


Made progress on several projects this past weekend thanks to the commissioned baby quilt being cancelled.  Will make it at a later date though because I think it will be a really cute quilt.

First project I did work on was the flamingo quilt.   I added a pink with white polka dot for binding and that is now sewn down and the quilt is finished.










Used a bright tropical floral type print for the backing.



The next project I worked on was baste and quilt this scrappy kitty quilt.  The quilting on it has been finished and I just need to bind it.   Fabric for that has been pulled and I plan on putting it on this evening.











I was also able to get the blocks trimmed to size and the sashing onto them.  I'm contemplating whether to add a final border of the same mottled green that the blocks are made from or to just bind it in the green at this size.   Currently it is 45" square.  Am leaning towards finishing it w/o another border.

Someone I know will be making an embroidered label for me.   And I will be sending it out to be quilted for me.


5 comments:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

The fabric choices for the flamingo are just perfect.
I love the cats and the hankies are beautiful. Why are you sending it out to be quilted?

Cyra said...

Great to see the flamingo finished with a lovely polka dot binding. Suits it well.
Love, love, love the kitties quilt.

Anonymous said...

love the flamigo,you have made some beautiful projects,well done xx

Judy S. said...

Love that flamingo and its perfect backing! Your quilts are amazing.

Moira said...

I'm sending the hankies out for quilting because my quilting (using my little machine) isn't the quality I really want this to be. Don't know tho if I'll be able to afford the heirloom level of quilting that I really want....