September 12, 2017

Judy ~ Missing Once Again But with a Few Finishes

Sorry to be out of the posting loop, but we've had a busy sunny summer, and we've been outside in the yard as well as traveling a bit more than usual. We have recently returned from a trip to Minneapolis to visit my sister, and while there we stopped at our niece's new yarn shop which is named after her grandmothers. (You can read about our trip on my blog if you wish.)


 

This hat is made with a kit from that shop.  It was a fun knit but sure had lots of ends to hide! (There was enough yarn for another hat, but I'm still hiding those ends.....)


I also finished two other projects: socks for our grand son in his requested color and a shawl that I started in the last century and had to restart because I couldn't remember where I was in the pattern sequence.  (That should teach me not to procrastinate, right?)




Also, if you've been impacted by the recent hurricanes or wildfires, please know that you've been in my thoughts and prayers!

5 comments:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

That's a great hat! How nice to have a yarn shop in the family!
The shawl is gorgeous, I really like the play of color and the laciness. Google spellcheck doesn't like my word but too bad, laciness it is.

Judy S. said...

Thanks, Angela! Maybe it's a good thing the yarn shop is in MPLS, a long ways from Seattle? You'd agree upon seeing my stash.....

Moira said...

Wonderful finished goodies! And what fun to have a yarn shop in the family. =) Am glad your travels have been fun and w/o problems thsi summer.

Teresa Kasner said...

Wow, that shawl is gorgeous! I'm a shawl-aholic. And good job on the socks, too. I'm in *LOVE* with the hat you made... it's so colorful and intricate. I hope it's for you and you wear it with pride over the winter. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Cyra said...

Love the name of your niece's shop, and how lovely to name it after her grandmothers.
That is a beautiful, colourful, and intricate beanie hat. The socks look cosy, and the shawl is gorgeous. Love all the lacy stitching and the variegated colour.