August 22, 2017

Angela ~ First Stage of the Wedding/Baptism Bible Cover

I've started the next bible cover which will be white on white.
I'm sorry the image is not any better, but I was trying to get it so you could see the design.  I traced my design in pencil and have started to lay in the foundation embroidery floss.  It will be stitched with white silk, mostly in satin stitch.  Where the dots are I hope to find some tiny pearls or beads to use, though I will probably have to order some as my resources here are very limited.
After the first 2 covers I switched from my usual round hoop to this scrolling frame, which happens to be the perfect size.  Between the frame and the mid-weight interfacing on the back, it now stays nice & flat.
I got the frame and another one that is larger at a local thrift store for $1 each!  The silk thread was part of a box I got at another thrift store several years back and it was really cheap for a whole lot of thread of various kinds.  The rayon I think is easier to work with but I have the silk so I might as well use it.  I just hate how sometimes it shreds and I have to cut it and start with a new piece.

8 comments:

Moira said...

That will be beautiful! Love the find of the frame to use for the stitching.

I might have some tiny pearls in my CQ stuff that I'm not using. How small did you want?

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Really tiny like 1mm. 2mm would be too large. Thanks in advance if you have some. I need 75 of them. Of all the boxes of beads I have I don't have any pearls this small.

Moira said...

I'll check to see what I've got and let you know.

Moira said...

Found the pearls, but they are about 2mm not 1mm. Sorry, thought they were smaller. There are enough of them though if you'd like me to send them your way to try them.

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Thanks but I will pass as the 2mm will definitely be too large. These bibles are small enough to fit in a pocket so I have to keep everything small. Thank you anyway.

Snowcatcher said...

This is going to be beautiful! White on white is always so gorgeous!

Cyra said...

An absolutely beautiful bible cover. Love the white on white theme. Such lovely dainty stitches.

Anonymous said...

That is amazingly beautiful! What a delightful gift that will make. You do beautiful work.