May 5, 2020

Angela ~ A Few More Buildings for the Train Layout

I made some more buildings for the train layout, this time a portion of a town backed up to what will be the side of a mountain.
Just ignore all the cardboard stuff, everything is still in the planning stage as far as topography.
The base is a piece of cardboard and I covered it with felt and used some craft paint to vary the color.
Here's another angle.  I used some old track that I cut apart and glued down for the wood sidewalks, and painted it gray for weathering.  The detail on these paper buildings is great.

I did do a little kit bashing to make it work for what I wanted and I add cereal box pasteboard to the insides for stability as these are printed on cardstock.

I will be adding some real rocks and weedy bushes at some point, it will make it look more real.  And we definitely need to start adding some model people.  For scale, the large buildings are 1.5" x 3.5".  The printed paper is much easier on my eyes that scratch built buildings.

And if anyone is looking for N scale or Z scale models, here is the link to the Etsy store: CustomZScales

3 comments:

Judy S. said...

My DH would LOVE that train layout! Once again I forgot it was Tuesday. It's hard having a whole different schedule, isn't it? If you check my blog, you can see the tiny Minion I knit.....

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Life is all upside down these days and I never know what day it is. I hope normal comes back soon.

Moira said...

Very cool. the buildings have great details