April 22, 2020

Angela ~ Upcycled Tote

I've been doing a lot of reading the past few weeks with some small clothing repairs thrown in, all hand sewing as I have no machine at this time.  Then I came up with this project....
This started out as a an old Trader Joe's bag that someone was going to throw out.  It was still sturdy but looked really tacky with the printing on the outside peeling off.
I had a bag of scraps someone was getting rid of so I cut 5" squares and made strips of 6 squares.  I covered the handles and started sewing the strips to the bag in a diagonal line.  Then I covered the bottom and used 1 row to line the inside top.
I also added a pocket inside with leftover squares.
A very sturdy tote bag to carry stuff for our Thursday craft nights, whenever they resume.



1 comment:

Moira said...

Great idea to recycle a bag that doesn't look so good anymore