February 19, 2020

Moira: Alive, but swamped


I've been working on lots of commissioned projects again this year.   This vintage Sunbonnet Sue quilt had a couple of holes all the way thru the bonnet on this block.   Both sides have now been patched and the batting replaced.

Finished this fleece doggie coat for the same customer as above














Lots of Valentine's Day postcards have been on the "menu" with them being displayed for sale two different places.



















Then it was onto birthday postcards.   Three different types (multiple fabric/embellishment combos). 

Final recent project was a zippered pouch for a friend.  She'd asked me to make one like the one I'd made years ago for her.....and nope, I didn't have anything written down on it....sounding familiar?  Finished pouch is approximately 14" wide by 11" tall.  12" zipper was used in the bag, and pet screening for the front of the pouch.  I used scraps for the back and quilted them myself.











Front of the bag.   Another scrap was used for the fabric panel on top of the pet mesh.  Pansies are the favorite flower of the friend the pouch is going to.

Inside seams were double stitched and then bound in bias tape so there would be no rough edges for something to catch on.

Lots of other things going on, including working through my stash to organize it, clean up the bazillion piles I have laying around and downsize where possible.
I've also managed to get three swap blocks made for the month of February. 

And have my entry into the annual art quilt challenge in process.   Top is done, just need to get it layered so I can get it quilted.

Next up for me are Easter postcards, more BD postcards, and a twin-sized commissioned quilt. Also have a pillowcase to get made for a very belated Christmas gift for a friend. Other things are coming soon as well so I'll continue to stay busy.

2 comments:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Such great projects, sunbonnet Sue is so cute.
Everyone's doggies here wear coats and sometimes boots since it gets so cold in the winter.
Love all the cards, such a unique greeting!
The pouch sounds very sturdy and definitely useful.
I swear I don't know how you get so much done.

Moira said...

Deadlines! lol, they really do help me to focus. without them it's easy to get sucked into just piddling around or reading.