January 21, 2020

Angela ~ Newly Re-Painted Vintage Nativity Set

I finally finished re-painting the nativity set, sealed it, let it cure for a week, took a photo and then packed it away until December.
I chose more muted colors and did a lot of dry brushing.  The animals in particular turned out fabulous as the dry brushing lets you layer color and you get a look of real fur.  I also made one of the camels a reddish color as their fur color varies according to photos I looked at.  I made Mary's cloak a more subdued color but still used a pearlescent highlighting.  I figured the Magi probably would have given her a gift of a warm cloak as well as those gifts for the Christ child.  If you want to see the before, look a couple of posts below.

1 comment:

Judy S. said...

Nice work! It looks great.