August 6, 2019

Angela ~ Sharing Some Vintage Beauties

Today I thought I would share some vintage pillowcases and towels that I recently listed on Ebay.  2 pillowcase sets have already sold.
I think orange is an under-used color, I never used to like it much, probably due to the burnt orange & avocado green fad I grew up with.  But I quite like it now.
I love purple and irises are lovely.
These poodles are too cute and the stitching was some of the finest I've ever seen.  No wonder they sold the day I listed them.
These are ribbon embroidery, I made these in the 80's and it was my first try at ribbon embroidery.  I was very pleased with them.  They sold the first day also.
I don't use pillowcases anymore since I don't use pillows, I have slept in a recliner for over 20 years due to my sciatica.  Better these lovelies go to someone who will use them than sit in a tote in my closet.
This is a pair of tea towels, never used that I have forgotten where I found them.  I am always rescuing needlework items from thrift stores.
Very cute kitties and I love kitties but these are not practical for me in the kitchen, I'm too messy.  And I'm not one to have pretty towels for show, sure enough the first time my back was turned, someone would use one to wipe up something that stained it and I would not be happy.

These are only a few of the lovely pieces I own, what kinds of vintage beauties do you have?



3 comments:

Judy S. said...

I love your ribbon embroidery that you did! The rest are pretty, but yours is my fave.

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Thanks Judy, it was an iron pattern meant for regular embroidery and I decided to try the silk ribbon work. I used them for decoration pillows when I had a bed.

Moira said...

Great vintage linens.
I've oodles of embroidered pillowcases that I never use, so I might have to list them for sale like you did. Love the kitten towels....those would be fun to add to a quilt!