June 4, 2019

Moira - new projects


I've been bouncing in umpteen directions lately........

First up were two quilted postcards.  These started off with two matching mini pieces of cross-stitch.  The fabrics used on the tops of the cards were from my stash of Fairy Frost scraps that I had saved several yrs ago as I was making blocks for a contest held by Michael Miller


Made two more snail blocks using 9" blocks for the shells. 


Started a little little summer outfit for my great niece.  It will be an early BD present.   I still have the matching bloomers to make for it (cut out but not sewn).  Lots of the bias tape and rick rack in this one (cost more than the fabric did!).   Probably won't make this pattern again.




I've been working on this cross-stitch which will end up being a mini-wall hanging for a shower gift.  Shower isn't until August 3rd so I've lots of time to get it done.

Several other projects for commissions are in the initial stages as well.   One of which I have to figure out how to clean some lace on a wedding dress that has discolored (well can't tell it is discolored or stained because the satin underneath it isn't discolored in any way).








2 comments:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Try peroxide on the lace. Lots of cool projects as usual. Cute little sundress, someone will be happy!

Moira said...

I'd wondered about the peroxide. That I know I've got at home....going to pick up some oxyclean as well