February 11, 2019

Moira - Lots going on.....


Lots done over the weekend on the commissioned work

5 more Christmas stockings from 4 of the bandannas that I was given were completed.  Three of the stockings had to be strategically repaired,but thankfully there was enough of the bandannas and to match the prints as I did it.
















Made this pillow from another bandanna when I couldn't sleep.

It finished at 16" and is backed in a med-dk grey Kona that was in my stash.
 All of this finished filling this bag of the latest round of commissioned items which my customer picked up on Saturday.   In it were 10 stockings and 5 pillows.

Next up is deconstruction of the two pairs of denim overalls so that I can cut more stocking fronts along with  the fronts for 4 tote backs.  And figuring out what i'm going to do with 3 1/2 more bandannas.











I've been taking part in an online improv quilting challenge and these 8 blocks are what I've made so far.
Will be making 4 more blocks to go with these before putting them into a quilt top.

















And I've made more snail blocks from orphan blocks in my stash, and these are what I've got made so far.  I've pulled 6 more orphans to make into snails, and want one more great big one as well.   Am starting to think about a setting for them now so I know what I need for filler blocks.



3 comments:

Judy S. said...

You've been very busy! Lots of nice projects, too. We have been snowed in since last Thursday's choir rehearsal. (and that was a first time out since the previous Monday) Have you ever made pillows from t-shirts? My DD asked me to do that from 3 of the kid's shirts painted with hand prints of each. (the shirts aren't very clean and I don't think the paint is permanent.) And thoughts?

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Great projects, the Harley Davidson stuff is sure to be appreciated. And they are all one of a kind, can't get better than that.
The improv pieces remind me of stained glass.
So glad you are having fun with your snails, one day you should tell us the story, you know we all want to know.

Moira said...

Judy - Most of the memory pillows I've been making have been done with t-shirts (and I've got more to go when I get the shirts). I stabilize the fronts with interfacing, but not the back of the pillow. If you go to this link at my blog you can see how I make them - https://quiltedsnail.blogspot.com/2019/02/t-shirt-memory-pillows-tutorial.html

Angela - I'll do that next post....lol. My customer has loved everything I've made so far so I'm a happy camper. =) I'm loving the improv stuff as well.....