November 27, 2018

Moira: slow progress over the holiday weekend

Thanks to a flare of my clotting disorder and my managing to strain my achilles tendon I didn't get as much done over the holidays as I'd intended to.

I did get work done in the craft room - more than 20 totes are now labeled and in my spreadsheet.   Some of them tho I still need to go through and weed out/downsize.   Only about the same number of totes yet to label in there before I really start sorting thru things........ugh.

I did get this long-time UFO quilt pin basted and hope to start quilting it this week.    This is one of the UFO's that I'm wanting to get finished up next year, if not this year.












I stepped out of my comfort zone last week and submitted an application to be a 2019 Island Batik Ambassador.  More details are here.  This is the block that I designed and made to submit with my application.   I'll find sometime in December whether I was accepted or not.
And I started the next commission - turning this wedding dress into 4 12-inch pillows.   At the moment I'm still in the deconstruction phase.  Once I can get the lace off then I'll get the pleated sections off so that I can use them for a couple of the pillows.   Am hoping to get these done before the end of next week.  Only "fun" is cutting around where the stains and dirt are because the customer didn't have it cleaned after getting married.  =(

3 comments:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

I'm not sure I envy you the wedding dress project. But I'm sure the pillows will be gorgeous.
Take care of yourself and be safe.

Moira said...

I don't envy me the wedding dress project. But it is a paying one, so I'm doing it. It should go faster once the lace is loose from the bodice.

Barb said...

Oh, I love your quilt and the idea of making pillows out of the wedding dress is awsome.