October 9, 2018

Moira - Almost forgot

Finished up three projects -

Binding was sewn down on this wall hanging.  Now to write up the pattern for it so it can be released with the next BOM block.  The red is a wide flange
The binding was sewn down on this UFO quilt.  Finished size was approximately 48" square.

This has gone in the mail to my niece as a baby gift for her new daughter.

And close up of the the Label for the quilt.

Final thing finished was this commissioned passport holder.   Finally figured out how to easily put in a zippered pocket on it.

And yesterday I scored a great deal on the buttons that I need for these at joann's - clearance price at 50-80% off of retail plus an additional 25% off.   Now to get the third commissioned one done so I can start all the ones I have cute travel themed fabrics for.  =)

And just because I needed something brainless to sew on this morning, I started sewing together Red & blue scrap squares this morning that will make 4-patches eventually.  I've got a scrappy quilt in mind for American Heroes for them.

3 comments:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Such fun and great projects. The sunflower quilt will definitely be a family heirloom.

Moira said...

That's what I'm hoping for on the sunflower quilt!

Super Mom - No Cape! said...

Hubby was in the army for 25 years so I love your military bear quilt!! And that owl passport holder is just the cutest!