July 10, 2018

Moira: Surfacing again

One of the biggest things I've accomplished over the last 2 weeks is to get through all of the boxes that were out in the garage. 

I've also managed to get some work in on my row by row quilt for this year.  All fabrics have been from my stash.  The top half is now together and includes rows from 5 different quilt shops.  The filler block sections have been made from orphan HST's and some of the leftover red and blue fabric from making the top left-most row in the quilt.

The filler strip in the middle are 1" finished triangles that were bonus triangles from a long ago project.....I think the wedding quilt for my nephew.  I don't remember where the one underneath the record on the left came from.   But they finish at  1.5" in size.  Neither of them are sizes that I normally work with.

White buttons (not shown in the pic) to the records to show the center hole.


Second half of the quilt is in process.  Three rows have been completed for this section, with one more in process.   The filler section of Churn Dash blocks was made with more orphan HST's and scraps.

The buttonhole stitching still needs to be done on the redbird row at the left.   The final row which is 12" by 27" finished is almost done (just needs one more seam).  I'm planning on making 6" by 3" flying geese for the final filler section needed.



3 comments:

Judy S. said...

Love your music quilt! Congrats on emptying all of those boxes; I think we may still have some untouched ones from our move 41 years ago!

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Good job on emptying the boxes, I think my tubs will be waiting a few more years. The music quilt is wonderful.

Moira said...

Judy - My parents still have untouched boxes from our 1978 move! So you aren't alone.