June 12, 2018

Moira - I'm alive!

I'm moved!   Not totally unpacked or fully arranged, but not doing badly.   You can see pics of what the place looked like over on my blog here - House Pics.

When I was packing I was putting away my scraps and found that I had more than would fit, so I ended up pulling one bag to work on using up.  This particular bag was filled with strips and strings of various sizes, widths and colors.  Here is what the pile looked like before I started sewing with them.  Some of them were fairly good sized so those went back to the scrap stash. 

I first sorted the rest first by color, ending with with piles in reds/pinks, blues/purples, greens, cream background prints, and yellows/golds/oranges.   And then each color by size of strips as I work with them.

Pinks and reds were first up to be sewn together.  Largest pieces are about 22" wide (half of a full width strip).





















Blues and purples were next up.





















The greens were the final color grouping that I was able to get sewn together. I think I have more sections to go with these somewhere.

The yellows/golds/oranges will be my next ones to work with.

I have an idea of what I might do with them, but nothing is set in stone at this point.   And i'm not sure when I'll get to work on them again because I've got several pressing projects coming up.





4 comments:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Doesn't it feel good to use up all the scraps?

Moira said...

Yes! My aim is to have nothing left in this bag when I'm done. Then I can figure out how to use them.

Cyra said...

Scrap strip colour groupings look fab. Can't wait to see the next step.

Judy S. said...

Looks like you're well organized to make something great! Can't wait to see what.