May 1, 2018

Moira - a wee bit of progress.....

There has been some sewing here this past week........but other things are starting to ramp up as well (aka packing....lol).

Repaired the lining in the handle of this purse.   Used three charm squares leftover from another project.


 Squared these string blocks up and added appliqued flowers to them.   Used two cookie cutters for the flowers.

Also finished sewing the commissioned pillow covers, and just need to get the ribbon loops sewn on and then the buttons to make sure they stay neatly closed.   Yes, I'm doing button loops because I can't find my buttonhole maker.....actually can't find either one of them!

And I've started the packing process and the living room is pretty well finished.   Right now closing is still on track for May 21st, but I don't have word yet back on the appraisal for the loan.   Hopefully in the next day or two.

I also made a sample block for the May block for my BOM.  And I'm in a quandry....I managed to not follow my own pattern (didn't look at placement for the sewing machine & got one piece upside down...sigh), now I'm debating about whether to redo it or just use this one for the picture on the pattern.   what do you think - first pic below is what the layout should be, second one is what I ended up with.



3 comments:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Those string blocks are pretty as is the sewing Teddy. Great job on the repair, those kinds of little jobs always make me feel good.
I finally got your journal/notebook finished, can I send it to your current address?

Moira said...

Yup, my current address is good. I'll be here till about the 2nd weekend in June

Judy S. said...

That Teddy Bear is adorable! I don't know what I was thinking, but I mistakenly scheduled my post for next week, so I just now did it quite a few days late. Where are you moving to? Somehow I seemed to miss that.