April 24, 2018

Moira - starts, finishes, and a mess

I was at a retreat all weekend so not a lot of stitching happened over the weekend.  But I did get the binding and hanging sleeve sewn down on this wall hanging.   All the pattern pieces have been scanned for this, so now I can get the pattern written for it.
I've started the next commission - 5 pillow covers for a friend.  4 at 27" square (finished) and this one at 20" wide by 15" tall.    I'm making these envelope style so making them is easy........cutting the pieces was a pain because my cutting table isn't wide enough!







Made these three string blocks to use up a stack of small scraps.  They will finish at 10".  Will be appliqueing flowers on top of them. 
And as I get ready to move of course I have to pack.   I had two big bins of scraps that I had not put away for several months.   Here's a couple of pics after I sorted them by color in preparation to putting them away in ziploc bags and then into totes.

The blues fill a 2 gallon bag (those are 9-10" stacks!).  And nope these won't all fit in my two totes.   Need to make more scrap quilts!  The scraps are sorted by color & theme.  Bottom pic shows a pile of orphan blocks/block parts, solid scraps, and some WOW's, leftover bindings, and a pile of strings that I have plans for.


3 comments:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Great looking projects. I'm assuming you got the house you wanted?

Moira said...

So far so good..........waiting now on appraisal to see if that comes out ok. IF yes, then the house is mine. =)

Md Anisuzzaman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.