May 8, 2018

Cyra ~ R & R at Retreat

I'm back home after my most wonderful stitching holiday at Quilt group Retreat.
Oh my, what a great way to refresh your batteries.
The seclusion of this place was exhilarating, stimulating, bracing, energizing and restorative. 

I can't believe how much stitching got done as well. Absolutely amazing place.
Literally a stones throw from the beach.
Great early morning walks and paddles on the beach, and great company.




The path to the beach and sea.


I was on the beach for the sunrise most mornings.








And here are some of the stitching that I made while there.

A Fibonacci style small quilt top, that may turn into a table runner or a bag 
(not decided yet what it wants to be).


These two country style shabby-chic blocks will be cushion covers (pillows) when I add a border and backing to them.


And the following quilt top is completed, I just haven't got any photos of it's current state.
I am now auditioning fabric for border and backing.


That's it for the retreat photos.

One evening, soon after getting back home, I made these Boho beaded tassel dangles.
Fun fun fun.



You can tell that the urge to create and be creative is still with me. 
I have so many things I NEED to make now, lol.

So, from a refreshed and revitalised  Cyra

Happy Stitching








2 comments:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Looks like a lovely place to be. Wonderful projects you worked on too.

Moira said...

Looks like the retreat center is wonderful. I would have had a hard time stitching because I would have wanted to be outside. And beautiful on all you got done!