April 10, 2018

Cyra ~ Freeform Crochet x 2

Hello again. 

This week has seen the completion of two (yes two) accessories. Two cowls, or neck-warmers, very similarly put together, in slightly different colourways.

The fuchsia edged one ----




And the Purple edged one ---




I have also started on another rug for the mini house, but not enough of it yet for a photo.

We have survived the tornado that whipped through Opunake yesterday morning, The next village to us didn't fare so well in the tornado though, and I think 5 houses lost their roof and 3 more with major damage. The whole community is coming together for those left without homes.
The weather has definitely changed for the worse now, and we actually have the heater on in the lounge for a bit of respite from the unusual cold blast. 

It's good time to stay inside and stitch (as if I needed an excuse).

Happy Stitching
Cyra







4 comments:

Judy S. said...

Oh wow, so glad that tornado skipped over you! Love your crochet work and its great colors! Can't wait to see more of your mini-house. Have you installed the flooring yet?

Moira said...

So glad that the tornado missed you! Love the way your neck warmers finished up. So cool how all those scrumbles came together.

Cyra said...

Thanks Judy. No I haven't finished making the floorboards yet, but now hubby has given me a better tool for cutting them, I might get them all done this week. Then I just have to stain them and fit them, which might take a little bit longer, lol.

Thanks Moira. I have been on a scrumble making binge haven't I, haha.

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Those neck warmers are fabulous! Thank the Lord you guys were safe from the storms.