March 20, 2018

Moira: Too much going on.....lol



The Aurifil designer block of the month for March caught my eye and I took a detour this weekend to make one.   My finished block will be going with these three blocks.   These were all block samples from several years ago.  The top one was published by QuiltMaker in one of their 100 Blocks issues, the middle one was submitted to them, but not selected.   And the bottom one was a design I used in the quilt I did for the Michael Miller challenge I took part in.





Finished putting this flannel quilt top to.   
I've already pulled fabric for a backing for this and it will be finished and sent off as a donation for the Hands 2 Help challenge this year.











Started on the purse for myself.  All pieces are cut and interfacing ironed on.  Outside pockets have been made and attached to the bag sides.  Band on the zippered pocket reflects the colors in the lining fabric and is made from scraps.









Fabric has been pulled for the next commissioned passport wallet - frogs on the outside, polka dots everywhere else.


And a piece that I picked up as a remnant.   Have enough for 4 outside covers if I use coordinates for all of the insides on the passport wallets.

Also in progress is a skirt to wear at the wedding (fabric is cut) and I'm about 25% of the way done in sewing down the binding on the wedding quilt.

2 comments:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Love the black & yellow, very striking design.

Cyra said...

Fabulous quilt blocks, such an appealing colour combination.
The trouble with making wedding quilts is that you MUST complete it before the wedding, lol, I'm hopeless with deadlines, so I admire the fact that you are also making your own skirt for that day too.