March 20, 2018

Angela ~ Finished Medicine Bag

Here's the finished medicine bag.  I did change the idea of a leather strap to a beaded one and I really like how it looks.

Those wonky beads are the only thing I don't like.  But the bead sizes are not uniform so that will be something I correct if I do any more of this work.
The bag is small, about 3 1/2" x 4" not including the fringe.  My methods might have been a little unorthodox but it turned out well for not buying anything to make it.  I was happy to use a little bit of my 23 boxes of beads stash.

The recipient totally loves it!

4 comments:

Moira said...

I really like the beaded strap. It adds a lot of dimension to the bag.

Cyra said...

Wow, what a gorgeous bag. Loving those bead decorations on the bag. The strap is perfect for it too.
Is it difficult when sewing through leather? It's something I've never tried.

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

I used an awl to poke holes first. I would not want to try it without.

Judy S. said...

Awesome! I love the strap, too.