March 13, 2018

Moira - Lots going on

First thing done was this wall hanging that is going to the worship pastor and his wife at the church I attend.   She just had their first child last week.


The back of the wall hanging was used for everyone at the baby shower the church gave them to sign.
Then in doing some straightening and cleaning on Saturday in my sewing room (prep for moving) I found three more pieces of fabric as potential linings for the purse I have to get made myself.   I'm leaning towards the bottom right, but only have a yard of it so it may not work.   Second choice is the floral on the top of the pic. 


I also finished off the remaining two of these four commissioned pot holders.  They will be mailed out sometime this week (once I get paid for them).












And in process now is this commissioned passport wallet.   And I was told that someone would buy one if I made it in Mickey Mouse fabrics.....hmmmmmm, gotta think about that.   Aiming to have this one done by the end of the week.

And I spent Saturday morning on the house hunt once again and ended up putting an offer in on this lovely house.   All paperwork has been signed and the offer accepted, so I'm now a homeowner in process....lol.   Inspection will be sometime this week, followed by all of the other stuff that has to be done to close in just under month.....

Packing and sorting out will be the order of the day for the next 4-6 weeks or so for me.......complicated by the fact that I have at least one commission to complete (really should do a 2nd so I don't misplace the fabric in the move) and I have to get the purse for myself made before the end of the month.   And I'll be gone for 5 days the end of the month for a wedding to boot........yikes...............

3 comments:

Judy S. said...

Congrats on the house! I love that baby gift and your other projects as well. You will have fun furnishing your new place with your lovely creations.

Moira said...

One of the first things (not the first tho since I need window treatments on all windows) I want to put up is a curtain rod to hand seasonal quilts from.

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Life is never dull at your place! All your projects are wonderful and all 3 fabrics would be great as purse lining. Congrats on the house, I'm jealous.