February 27, 2018

Moira: Finishes

Did finish the publication project, but can't show the front of it so here's a pic of the back.  =)  The backing was another piece of the fabric from Hoffman, and was cut in a continuous piece on the length of grain.   I had told them just enough on what I needed to have it work.   Project was mailed off yesterday and should be delivered tomorrow....good timing 'cause it was due there on 3/06.

Also mailed off my art quilt challenge yesterday so that is out of my hair as well.
 And I finally finished off this cross-body purse.  Fabrics used are assorted silk scraps for the body, a linen/rayon blend for the strap and binding, and a cotton for the bag lining and pocket.  This one will be for sale once i have time to list it on etsy.













Front of the bag.  Button was one of the many that I bought on clearance for pennies on the dollar last year at Joann's.

 A total of 3 inner compartments in this one thanks to the little pocket I added to it. 












Next up - Finish making the last two potholders that were commissioned by one person.  I need to make myself a purse because the one I'd been using fell apart and I can't find what I like in the stores.  I've also got 4 pillow covers coming up, and need to figure out what i'm going to wear to a daytime wedding the end of March.......oh, and figure out where I'm going to move to by the end of July..........lol.  And there are a couple of special projects coming up for the blog......just a little going on these days.

And I need to redesign a block for the new BOM that I was doing for this year because I had someone contact me accusing me of having infringed on her pattern.   Not something I had done because I had never even heard of her site or work.   But because the patterns are similar, I can't release my lion block.  =(  And may have to rethink some of the animals I'd intended to use for mine.  =P  Or else come up with a new idea totally for a BOM this year.

4 comments:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

I love the backing fabric, cardinals are my favorite birds.
The bag turned out fantastic and that's a great button.

Sorry to hear of the pattern snafu. I'm certain you will come up with something.

And best of luck with your moving plans!

Cyra said...

I'm impatient -- how long do we have to wait to see the front of your panel piece? lol.

Love the bag and the quilted design following the pattern on the lining fabric, great idea.

Shame about the lion design similarity. Hope you get to complete your BOM designs with a happy result.

Judy S. said...

Just now catching up with your blog. Love that purse; it's very clever and pretty, too. Like Cyra, I am anxious to see the front of your quilt; I already love the back thanks to those cardinals. Sorry about your BOM, but I'll bet you'll come up with something spectacular!

Moira said...

Lol, Cyra....I'm not sure when the issue is supposed to be on the stands. I'll keep you posted on it. I'm hoping that I'll get to purchase issues to sell because I know I've got friends who will want a copy.

Thanks for the complements on my little purse. =)