February 6, 2018

Cyra ~ Cloth Doll & Mini Bed

The cloth doll has progressed and now has most of her clothes made. 
Just a few finishing touches to add.
This is a group project, and there are actually 5 cloth dolls being made as a joint group project by about 10 members of the group. We are all adding 'bits' to each doll, and they are all turning out to be so different.



Update on my miniature bed - two pillows made, and a crochet blanket.
Now planning a granny square blanket (or something similar) to drape over the foot of the bed, and maybe an embroidered cushion or two are needed as well.



And in other news - 
My knitting skills have come on in leaps and bounds this year. Here are two more test patterns that I've tried over the last couple of days.


Woohoo, I'm liking my new craft.

6 comments:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Your doll is adorable and so stylish. The little blanket looks so perfectm it makes me want to crawl in for a nap. The granny square blanket sounds cool, can't wait to see it. Your knitting is fantastic. I really like that swirly pattern. I'm afraid I will always be a beginner knitter.

Cyra said...

Thanks Angela. Until about a month ago I was calling myself a beginner knitter too. At the beginning of this year I gave myself a goal (not a New Year resolution) to overcome my fear of knitting.... and it's working for me so far, haha. I still have a lot of knitting problems, but persevere enough with it and create my own solutions (also called "fudging it").

Moira said...

The doll is really cute! What size thread did you use for the doll blanket? I love the top knit sample.

Judy S. said...

Love that dolly and the bed. You are rockin' the knitting project, Cyra! Way to go.

Cyra said...

Thank Moira and Judy.
The thread for the blanket was either a 10 or 12, I will probably go thinner still on the next one.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Really cute doll.