October 3, 2017

Angela ~ New Project, A Journal

I saw some videos on making junk journals.  They intrigued me but honestly the ones that were being made were so full of fabric & lace it looked like a lace shop exploded.  And how and where would one actually do any journaling in it?

So I poked around my own junk and made a trip to to Dollar Tree & Walmart for a few things. And this is what I made:

It does have some buttonhole stitching on the front and its covered in flannel fabric.
The cover I removed from an actual book, which was boring and I wouldn't read it again anyway.
I used all sorts of paper and fabric, washi tape, stickers and whatever I had.  I created lots of pockets and left plenty of room to actually write in it.  
Walmart had Christmas ornaments out already and they had this cool mini antlers ornament.  I took the jingle bells off and only used one antler.  I think it turned out pretty cool!
I'm going to put it up for sale on Ebay and see what happens.  I will probably make some more in the future, it was that much fun.  I always loved making collages in art class and this was similar to me.

5 comments:

Moira said...

Love the journal idea. Looks like it was fun to make and would be fun to use.

Debra Dixon said...

Very cool! Saw it on Pinterest and came by for the story.

Anonymous said...

Definitely looks like fun, and right up your alley. I'm amazed the holder is half of an antler decoration!

Judy S. said...

Fun! I hope you autographed it!

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

You know I didn't, I guess maybe I ought to!