September 12, 2017

Moira - Finishes and Starts



 Finished off the scrappy snail this past weekend.    There are 651 - 2" finished squares in this quilt. 

The green squares used up less than half of the ones I had cut from scraps the weekend prior.  Another quilt or maybe two of them, is in the future for the rest of them.  I've got another couple of graphed designs ready that need 2" finished squares to make, just need to cut the remainder of the fabrics needed for them.

Next critter quilt though will be a panda I think so that I can make a dent in the bag of solid black scraps.
Started doing so prep this weekend for the next scrappy quilt and I pulled a bunch of small pieces (fat-eight's and smaller) of various WOW's from a tote to cut up in 2.5" and 3.5" sizes.  While doing so I found a stack of 12 already cut and marked 10.5" COC squares.

I decided I didn't want to put them back in the tote, so I also pulled a couple of scrap pieces of fabrics I had in the stash and put them together to make 9.5" HST's.  Trimmed them up and now have them together in this quilt top.  I have 4 more of the shoe print/COC HST blocks that did not fit in the layout, so I'm going to use them as part of the final border layout.   Just need to play with the ideas that i have for that before making a final decision on the layout. 

And the next commissioned project for me has come in as of yesterday.  this is the sketch I've received from the customer.  Fabric has been pulled from the stash and I'm in process of enlarging the anchor pattern.   Will have it put together by next week's posting because I've got a short turn-around time on this one.

4 comments:

Judy S. said...

Nice work on the squares! I will never complain about threading 400 beads again! I love seeing all of your wonderful projects!

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Wow, I never would have guessed a snail but he is gorgeous!
That bright and colorful piece looks to be a great project too.
Make sure you post a photo of Jake's quilt!

Moira said...

Lol.....there were times when I'd rather have been stringing beads Judy! A couple of the rows just pitched major fits and I had to rip the same seams out multiple times. =P

I'll definitely post at least one or more pics of Jake's quilt! Am getting the patterns drawn up today and the web onto the pieces today. (home with tooth pain from dental work yesterday....)

Cyra said...

I'm always amazed by your creativity and quick stitching.
Love the snail.