July 11, 2017

Moira - I remembered!

Lots of sewing of little squares and strip-piecing this week as I finished off the flamingo quilt top (well except for the border that is).    

The top is 48" by 60" as it is right now.  Tweaking an idea from Susan, I think i'm going to do a border of black followed by binding it in pink.  I plan on cross-hatching the background, and am still thinking about how to quilt the bird.

There were 20-25 different WOW's in the bottom half of the background alone, and probably another dozen in the top half.  8 or more medium pinks and about that many in the medium pinks.   The black was all Kona and the grey was a scrap from my scrap stash.

Am planning to sell this one once I have it quilted and bound.


5 comments:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Fabulous! I'll bet there are flamingo lovers out waiting for something unique like this!

Moira said...

That's what I'm hoping for! =)

Cyra said...

What a lovely flamingo Moira. Glad you have so many fabrics if this is what you come up with for them, lol.

Judy S. said...

Wow, that is a lot of squares! Sure looks great!

Moira said...

Lol, this came from only the small scraps in my scrap stash Cyra. I didn't even cut into the larger ones.........