September 11, 2019

Moira: Time Flies.....

Also known as.....has it really been a month since I last posted here.....oops....

Just some of the things I've been working on since the last week of August or so  -

6  kitty themed postcards were made so a friend could choose the one she liked best (she'd commissioned one from me).

Scraps were used for all the fabrics.  Assorted trims and silk flowers were from my stash.
The card on the right is the one my friend chose.
Two pillows were made from the legs of a pair of fleece pants.  (commissioned)


Finished the commissioned wedding dress pillow.   It is cut and sewn square, (well as square as I could get it at any rate), so I'm not sure why that top right corner sits lower than the left.

This was made with the bodice used as is, just seamed across top and bottom.
 Back of the pillow with the dress zipper left in to be able to open/close the pillow.

The skirt and lace from the sleeves will be used to make ring bearer pillows.
More postcards were made - 5 birthday cards, 3 for the fall, a patriotic one, a winter one, and one in honor of my friends who like flamingos.


Three assorted cards here, I think my fav of this assortment is the one with the flamingo charm used on it.




















Still trying to figure out what color thread to use for the balloon strings.   Final color used was a light grey which looks ok when holding the card, but doesn't photograph well.


The first memory bear together.   It's now ready for stuffing, while looking a bit like roadkill at the moment.   Second one has been cut out and is ready to sew together.   I have to make at least one per week of these to get the 12 done in time for the commission.















Then I finished up the tote bag sample.  This is the back, with two lined pockets.
 Front of bag with a button / loop closure 

2 comments:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

More great postcards, I like that they are so colorful. The wedding dress pillow is wonderful, a family heirloom for sure.
Memory bear roadkill, hahaha. It does kinda look like that.
That's a wonderful tote bag, is it your own design? Love the fabric.

Moira said...

Unfortunately that first memory had no face till I remembered it as I was getting ready to stuff it.....oops. Should have sewn that on before I sewed the side seams.

Tote is my pattern, I adapted what I'd been doing for totes to add the lining, pockets and button. Still easy to make and quick.