January 29, 2019

Moira: Commission started

Started the big commission that I have at present - memory pillows from t-shirts and Christmas stockings from a twill shirt and 2 or more pairs of denim overalls.

The memory pillows are first up because they are quick and easy to make, and the first pillow features a scene from the front of a 3X t-shirt.  14" pillow form used for pillow.
Pillow backs are being made with the bottom edges of the t-shirt front & back where possible, otherwise a strip from the solid back (or front) and hemmed.  Grain of fabric turned 90 degrees from front to reduce stretch.    Using the shirts like this not only means I reduce the amount that goes into the trash after cutting, but also means I save time in not having to hem the back sections.
Pillow made with the back of the first t-shirt.  Back made like above.
Pillow 2 - scene from front of shirt.  back made in the same way as above.

Shirt #3 has been prepped and one of the pillows made.  Pillow #5 to be finished tonite.  There are still three more shirts that I need to check to see if she wants pillows made from them as well.     Then it will be onto the stockings - she's thinking 35+ so I'll be busy for a while!

Also worked on this weekend were getting the blocks made (sewn and trimmed to size) for a Mystery QAL that I'm doing with three other friends.  We're starting with the same FQ, and then the mystery comes in how each of us actually use them.  Unveiling is supposed to be sometime in the next couple of weeks I think.....lol.   Not sure, need to check on the date.  I plan to get the top together this week.

1 comment:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Great pillows, I especially like the first one with the bear. Nicely done!