October 30, 2018

Moira - Lots going on

First up for me was creating the alternate blocks I needed to go with this stack of scrappy string blocks.   I made 3D bowtie blocks using batik scrap squares in the center position.  These are going into a sample quilt top for a new design that I plan to submit for submission.




Next up was making two little lined tote bag for Susan Nixon.  Had made this one based off a pic she found and liked, but I wasn't real happy with the way it turned out so I made the second one for her so she could choose to give which ever one she wanted to.
























 

Next up with prepping the circles for this wall-hanging.  Circles will be fused onto the background and are from some of my silk scraps.  This quilt will be for the annual art quilt challenge that I take part in.
I've been playing around with sketching various quilting patterns for this quilt.  At this point my decision is to the the bottom left design (circles) of the 7 designs I've sketched out here.




And this UFO, along with backing fabric, has been pulled out for basting so that I can get it quilted before long.

3 comments:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

The sample quilt top looks like it will be fabulous.
Personally I like the bag in the 2nd picture best, but both look great.
Love the circles, how fun!!
Your London quilt top certainly deserves to be finished, very cool.

Moira said...

I liked the second bag the best as well.......lol. I think Susan decided to keep that one for herself and used the other for her swap. =)

The circles have been fun so far....I've got them stitched down (and fused). Need to practice tho on the quilting pattern because I've never done it before.

Judy S. said...

Love those circles! And the bags are great also.