May 22, 2018

Moira - Wolf Quilt

I finished off the wolf quilt top this weekend...woohoo.......  It now goes in the to be quilted pile that will be worked on once I'm in the house and have my quilt frame set up.

Stats on the quilt top -

Pattern used -

Free cross-stitch pattern found on the internet of a wolf (altho I've had one person tell me it looks like a malamute dog they used to have)

50 rows in the quilt, with 33 squares in each, for 1650 total squares.  2" finished squares were used to make the quilt.

Over 110 different fabrics used in the quilt in various shades of black, grey and creams.  Fabrics were from scraps, FQ's in my stash, and long-third yardage that I bought to get enough different fabrics for the quilt.

Finished size - 66" wide by 100" long

And I closed on my house yesterday afternoon.   Full move in will be on June 9th.





4 comments:

Judy S. said...

That looks super hard! Nice work, Moira, you are an amazing quilter. Congrats on the closing, too.

Moira said...

It was really easy to sew together Judy because it's only squares. The hard part was making sure I counted the squares correctly on the graph. There were a few rows that I frog-stitched multiple times!

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

The wolf is fantastic and congrats on the house!

Cyra said...

WOW! love the wolf quilt. You did a fantastic job on it. I hope all goes well for your big move into your own house next month. Congratulations on that too.